Wednesday, November 4, 2009
personal reflection- have no fear
One personal memory that has been permanently painted in my mind is watching T.V. with my uncle William when I was younger. When I was about five years old we would watch a scary show called "Tales From the Crypt." Being so young I would always be scared. My Uncle would always watch it with me and he taught me a very valuable and important lesson. He said "Always laugh at what you fear and you will have nothing to fear." To this day I don't let things get to me because my uncle taught me to look on the bright side of life. All the memories that I remember of being with my Uncle are of all the good times we shared together. We had so many inside jokes and we did so much together. When I was seven years old my uncle was diagnosed with Melanoma, a form of skin cancer. A few short months later he passed away. This was very tough for my family but at every family gathering we still think about him and talk about all the good times and laughs we had with him. Looking back I believe that I would be a very different person had I not been taught so much by my Uncle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment