Before reading the article I first thought that it was good news that there was a large drop in heart attacks after smoking bans were put into place. Smoking is an unhealthy habit and despite the dangers, people still smoke. With multiple new bans being put into place, hopefully less people will be hurt or killed by smoking.
After reading the article I became aware of the statistics of people harmed by smoking. The article states, “In 2005, there were 1.26 million heart attacks in the U.S., and about 445687 of those people died, according to the American heart association. The new research suggests that a nationwide ban on smoking in public and workplaces could prevent 100,000 to 225,000 heart attacks each year in the U.S., says one study author, Dr. David Meyers of the Kansas School of Medicine.” It is good to see that things will be getting better for people. I really hope that people realize how dangerous smoking is for their health and I hope that they can quit as soon as possible.
This article is about how smoking bans are helping people to live healthier lives. Smoking is a bad and dangerous habit that claims the lives of hundreds of people every year. Dr. David Meyers from the University Of Kansas School Of Medicine states statistics and facts about the dangers of smoking and second hand smoke. I hope that people read this article and see how bad smoking is for them. It would be amazing if all smokers would one day decide to just quit.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment